North East Cell
North Eastern Region comprises the following States:
National Commission for Women has constituted a North East Cell in the Commission to address problems being faced by North East women all over the country and to take special steps for development and empowerment of them. In addition, NE Cell, has been created to enhance the focus on the women of NE and their special problems/challenges, and also to intervene with State and Central Governments whenever required.
Functions of North East Cell
- Coordinate all activities for addressing issues concerning women in the North-Eastern States including special problems/challenges and to take initiatives for their development and empowerment.
- All matters relating to seminars/workshops/consultation/research studies/legal awareness programmes, etc. in North east States.
- Organise meetings and conferences in North East States.
- Capacity Building Training of Elected Women Representatives in Panchayati Raj Institution.
- Coordination for home-stay tourism in North-East with Governments and State Commissions for Women.